LIFE - One of a Kind Show & Sale: Spring Edition #OOAKS18

by - March 31, 2018

On Thursday, I got a chance to go to the One of a Kind Show & Sale for the first time! I was accompanied by the lovely Melanie (I'm Not a Beauty Guru) and got to see and buy some pretty neat things. This show is here in Toronto until April 1st and is definitely a must see if you like homemade items.
 My first purchase was the Strawberry Shortcake Brittle from Sweetsmith Candy Co. ($5) - a sponge toffee coated in white chocolate and freeze dried strawberries.. I tried almost every flavour of brittle and toffee this booth had, but found the Strawberry Shortcake to be my favourite. 
My second purchase was the Raspberry Mint, Ginger Vanilla, and Lavender Lemon syrups from Split Tree Cocktail Co. The moment I saw this booth, I kind of fan-girled a little bit because I absolutely am addicted to CBC's Dragon's Den and remember seeing this product being in the den. Although I already had a slight bias, I found these syrups really good and purchased my favourites. I do regret not getting the classic sour mix because it seems a lot more practical than the ones I chose, especially when I got home and looked up possible flavour/spirit combinations.
My next purchase was from Sparkle Collective because I'm a crazy cat lady and I can never have too many cat-related items. I got a Donut Cat and a Black Cat vinyl sticker (2/$5) to stick onto my laptop, and a Donut Cat Pin ($5) using the booth's capsule vending machine. 
My last purchase was a Rooster Print ($10) from Art of Marina. I got this for my boyfriend who was born in the year of the rooster.
There were definitely some booths that caught my eye but didn't quite meet my needs and/or budget, but I'll keep them in my radar until the time comes.
Craft Lipstick had a lipstick making kit, perfect for those who are interested in making and customizing their own lipsticks. The kits make 5 lipsticks and come with 6 generic pigments.
Wrinkle and Crease had lovely minimalistic prints. I really enjoy simple motivational prints and will definitely have a couple in my future home.
Coal and Canary had amazing smelling hand poured soy candles. Although there were about 10 candle scents, they covered such a variety of smells that anyone could find one they liked. My favourite was the Vodka Crans & Elastic Waistbands.
Abeego sold reusable beeswax wraps which are a great alternative to wasteful food wraps, such as saran wrap and sandwich bags, and the wraps last about one year. I've always seen these wraps online, but it as pretty neat to see it in person and test it out on some of their items on display. 
SeaLuxe had some really nice smelling soaps, but the most intriguing ones were their beach glass soaps: individual single-serving hand soaps which is a great idea and perfect for travelling. 

I really enjoyed attending OOAKS this year, and will definitely be back the next time they're around. I've been to a couple markets and shows, but rarely purchase anything due to lack of interest or steep price points, but OOAKS has so much going on in terms of variety and interests, its basically impossible to not buy anything. 

If you went this weekend or to any previous OOAKS, let me know what your favourite product or booth was!

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments