LIFE - New Year's Resolutions

by - January 04, 2016

I've never really made a New Year's resolution before. I mean I have for the sake of school (remember when we had to do those?) but it was never serious. This year I decided to because I'm the type of person that works well under pressure/goals, something that I've learned from the empties challenges more than anything. It's a great picker upper since achieving goals are oh so satisfying. So here's to a new year and goals to strive for!

1. Finish reading 10 books - that's just under a book a month, totally do-able!

2. Reorganize and clean my room - I have been extremely unhappy about the layout and cleanliness of my room, and every time I "clean" it, it just gets messier. I'm hoping to rearrange my tiny room to fit all the unnecessary things I have and maintain it as well.

3. Minimalism! This past year, I've realized I have WAY too many things. What things? LIKE EVERY THING. Clothes, shoes, makeup, purses, books, pens, pencils just everything, GAH! I'm really hoping to take a step forward towards minimalism in terms of my closet and my living space. I've already donated about half my closet and got rid of a bunch of old magazines.

4. Complete Project 333 - another minimalism step. If you haven't heard about it, Project 333 is where you reduce your closet to 33 items (excluding accessories, underwear and workout gear) to 33 items and wear it for 3 months. Knowing that the average person only wears 20% of their closet really puts closet waste into perspective, it's just so darn hard to reduce it with the logically illogical justifications ie. Maybe I'll wear it one day! What if I lose weight? But I spent so much money on this! I can totally pull this look off (No Maria, no you can't!). I might up the number of 33 items though because Toronto weather is pretty crazy and unpredictable, I feel like I should have 4 seasons worth of clothing at all times.

5. Spend less and save more! I have yet to graduate, but when I do in 2 years, student loans are gonna bite me in the butt. Realizing how much money I spend on a year on things I don't actually need is kind of disappointing, so I'm going to try and save money and in turn spend less. I've unsubscribed myself from *most* retail emails and have enough makeup, skincare, and hair products to last, like, 10 years.


So there you have it, my 5 resolutions for 2016. Let's see how I do!

What's your biggest goal or resolution this year?

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

4 comments